Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Job Title: Java DeveloperLocation: Onsite – 100%
Who We Are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Come join us:
Vernovis is seeking a Java Developer who can produces or modify computer programs of all sizes and complexity. Solves systems and program problems. Recommends courses of action on new application jobs, while considering the total system spectrum, from source document origination to final systems output and handling. Handles extensive research, analysis, definition, and documentation on all facets of the job. Recommends the appropriate hardware solution (personal computer, LAN, mainframe, client server, etc.) for the application. Provides mentoring support for less experienced programming staff. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to Manager when necessary and updating Manager on a regular basis.
What You'll Do:
- Researches, designs, defines, develops, tests, documents, and implements new computer applications or changes to existing applications following company standards.
- Installs software packages and/or personal computer software.
- Assures that hardware and software operate efficiently.
- Utilizes programming tools effectively to ensure accuracy and enhance productivity.
- Assembles and analyzes data relating to processing problems, soliciting help as needed from IT and business unit associates.
- Consults and/or advises business unit associates by written and/or oral communication on inquiries concerning existing or proposed systems.
- Participates in committee meetings on developmental projects, large-scale improvement projects and internal IT technical committees. May chair committees and/or subcommittees.
- Provides training and mentoring to other programming staff, systems managers, business unit management or business unit associates on technical topics or systems definition.
- Handles multiple assignments with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
What You'll Have: