AWS Cloud Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45213 US
Location: Cincinnati OH or Remote
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for managing and maintaining our client’s information technology systems and applications in a hybrid cloud environment to meet the needs of their business. These technologies will include supporting AWS services, Azure, server hardware, data center and co-location solutions, server and desktop operating systems, Active Directory, VMware, and hybrid cloud networking solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Design and maintain IAM and security best practices in AWS.
- Responsible for cloud user accounts and access policies
- Manage support requests for AWS infrastructure resources.
- Own resolution of complex issues in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Awareness of AWS dashboards/reporting for utilization metrics.
- Provide forecasts for AWS resource elastic scaling.
- Experience designing and utilizing an ELK stack.
- Strong AWS networking skills and knowledge of cloud to on prem connectivity capabilities.
- Ability to utilize infrastructure as code applications such as Terraform.
- Proficient with server and systems design, build, upgrade, update, and support in a hybrid cloud environment.
- High level of ownership and organizational skills to manage multiple in-flight activities and initiatives with a focus on delivering quality results.
- Possess strong communication skills to explain technical concepts with internal and external business contacts and Information Technology leadership.
- Leverage process driven approaches, enforcing standards, HIPAA compliance, and industry best practices.
- Automate, optimize, and drive efficiency with a continuous improvement mindset and deploy applications that help streamline IT and business functions.
- Own documentation and training among IT team members on new cloud technologies, initiatives, and processes.
What You'll Have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in cloud engineering.
- Expertise in VMware and Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Familiar with infrastructure monitoring tools.
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!