Mason, OH 45040 US
Location: Mason OH
Who We Are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Level 1 Accountant to perform a variety of accounting activities for our client in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Will complete daily, monthly, quarterly general accounting duties 40-70%.
- Complete assigned daily ledger entries and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up to date.
- Collect and compile simple financial information and assist senior accountants to prepare accurate and timely financial reports and accounting statements for senior management.
- These reports may include reconciliations, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and/or SEC filings.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting (Form 10-Q, Federal Reserve, Call Report) 0-10%
- Preparation and review of parent company or subsidiary financial statements 0-20%
- Preparation of annual reporting schedules (Form 10-K) 0-15%
- Preparation of periodic account reconciliations 5-20%
- Fixed assets accounting 0-20%
- Other duties such as general research, query preparation, census preparation, loan coding review, etc. 5-10%
What You'll Have:
- At least 2 years of accounting education or experience bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance Additional training as deemed necessary for job.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization's financial records and transactions.
- Degree of Independence and Decision-Making
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.