Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 US
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Onsite - Reynoldsburg, OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 consulting firm, helping companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space.
Vernovis is looking for an experienced, hands-on Controller to join a manufacturing client. The position is responsible for overseeing the financial and accounting functions, as well as being involved in a variety of other aspects of the operation, i.e. inventory control, quotes, receivables, etc. Candidates should also be familiar with various manufacturing processes and lean initiatives to further contribute to the profitability of the division.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Annie at ABartlett@vernovis.com
What You'll Do:
- Manages established financial and accounting functions per GAAP and Company policies & procedures.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly closing reports, and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Monitor and review the sub-ledger systems and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Support purchasing to ensure the integrity of inventory transactions, including, cycle counts, valuation adjustments, and standard cost roll-ups.
- Perform banking functions, such as preparation of daily deposits, ACH payment processing, and bank reconciliation.
- Oversee monthly customer accounts receivable and collection status and reports to management as needed.
- Review daily sales batches for accurate pricing and gross margin, and update sales batches to sub-ledger.
- Review and resolve financial procedures, operations, and workflows among branch locations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory and update of data.
- Manage and coordinate year-end physical inventory processes, and be on-site during the counting process, as needed.
- Prepare annual budget for management approval
- Prepare Sales & Use tax, and Excise tax returns
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- MBA or CPA required - if not, eligibility to complete.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience is required. Supervisory responsibilities preferred.
- Experience working for a manufacturing company/manufacturing clients is required.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience.
- Previous experience with Sage Software is helpful.
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis offers Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short- & Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay to you.
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Maggie joined Vernovis in 2021 and has quickly made her mark as a dedicated and affable recruiter. If you’re looking for a partner to advocate for your professional growth—Maggie has you covered! When she’s not propelling your career, you’ll find Maggie at a local taco shop or spiking her volleyball team to victory.