Cloud Engineer / System Administrator (2 openings)
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Job Title: Cloud Engineer / System AdministratorLocation: Onsite 100%
Who We Are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Come join us:
We have been hired by our client in Cincinnati to help them find several Cloud Engineers / System Administrators. This role serves as a point of contact for Cloud/infrastructure-related projects, questions, and issues. Participates in the design and administration of Cloud-based infrastructure solutions working alongside Cloud Architects and other teams (e.g., Web, Database, Storage, Networking, IAM, Information Security) to ensure that initial and anticipated future business requirements are presented. Supports multiple deployment models including manual, scripted, DevOps, CI/CD/Iaac methodologies. Works with Information Security to ensure that the proposed infrastructure solution complies with our Cloud security standards.
What You'll Do:
- Monitors new developments in emerging Cloud technology trends. Identifies new products with potential benefit to the company and conducts in-depth research and analysis of these products.
- Demonstrates the applicability of tools in real-world applications. Investigates their use in the company and recommends adoption of new technologies/methodologies when appropriate.
- Provides “swat team” style support to development projects by resolving complex problems.
- Ensures projects remain on track with aggressive schedules.
- Engages in the SDLC of new systems and technologies and/or major system improvements. Frequently handles or directs projects, from research to implementation.
- Ensures the feasibility of proposed projects and evaluates new software packages in terms of cost, resources, system capability, and other attributes.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, information technology or commensurate selection criteria experience.
- 5+ years of professional IT experience including two years of Cloud support experience.
- Good communication skills with experience in customer support
- Solid infrastructure background, strong understanding of technologies such as server provisioning, Active Directory, DNS, etc., as well as Cloud infrastructure / services and delivery models.
- Solid technical experience in infrastructure deployment and maintenance
- Microsoft Azure Certification a strong plus.