Data Integration Software Engineer
Blue Ash, OH 45242 US
Job Title: Data Integration Software EngineerLocation: Remote
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Data Integration Software Engineer that will be accountable for developing and delivering technological responses to targeted business outcomes. This individual will analyze, design and develop enterprise data and information architecture deliverables, focusing on data as an asset for the enterprise. Successful candidates will understand and follow reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, and configurations to deliver valuable data and information across the enterprise, including direct collaboration with a subsidiary of our client, where needed.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize enterprise standards for data domains and data solutions, focusing on simplified integration and streamlined operational and analytical uses.
- Ensure there is clarity between ongoing projects, escalating when necessary, including direct collaboration with our client’s subsidiary.
- Leverage innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core data assets, including SQL-based, NoSQL-based, and Cloud-based data platforms.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state.
- Contribute to the development of cost/benefit analysis for leadership to shape sound architectural decisions.
- Analyze technology environments to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Promote the reuse of data assets, including the management of the data catalog for reference.
- Draft architectural diagrams, interface specifications and other design documents.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
What You'll Have:
- 4+ years’ experience in the data development and principles including end-to-end design patterns.
- 4+ years proven track record of delivering large scale, high quality operational or analytical data systems.
- 4+ years successful and applicable experience building complex data solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Any experience in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: data warehousing, big data management, analytics development, data science, application programming interfaces (APIs), data integration, cloud, servers and storage, and database management.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Any experience with Azure Data Platform stack: Azure Data Lake, Data Factory and Databricks
- Any experience with Python, Spark, and SQL
- Any experience with streaming technologies like Kafka, IBM MQ and EventHub
- Any experience with data science solutions or platforms
- Any experience with a variety of SQL, NoSQL, and Big Data Platforms
- Any experience building solutions using elastic architectures (preferably Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform)
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!