Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Financial Accountant who will perform complex Enterprise financial accounting and/or budgeting and cost accounting, reporting and analysis. Successful candidates will have experience preparing journal entries on a day-to-day basis to properly record financial transactions. Prepares regulatory, external, and internal financial reporting. Prepares financial analysis, presenting results to departmental and shared service leadership. Participates as a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters and as a team leader/member on special projects. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to management when necessary.
What You'll Do:
- Prepares complex general ledger accounting entries for life insurance subsidiaries and non-life entities, on both a statutory and GAAP basis.
- Executes comprehensive variance analysis of financial results for business unit and shared service leadership.
- Partners with organizational peers to present results to department leadership and BU analysts to support business unit decision-making, budget analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Prepares regulatory, external, and internal reporting for distribution to management, Board of Directors, regulators and rating agencies.
- Leads targeted departmental initiatives and is a resource on large-scale enterprise initiatives. Leads coordination with external stakeholders on department projects (i.e., auditors).
- Performs complex account reconciliations in order to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Identifies accounting issues impacting the insurance and non-life companies, researches and escalates issues.
- Maintains technical accounting expertise of other statutory and GAAP accounting principles. Formalizes results in technical accounting memos.
- Owns the implementation and maintenance of effective processes and procedures for completing and improving work.
- Leverages operational excellence to identify, evaluate and implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
What You'll Have:
- 2-5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge, understanding and experience interpreting, utilizing and applying statutory and GAAP accounting rules and regulations. Cite examples that demonstrate proficiency in this area.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and apply a broad business perspective in summarizing results.
- Demonstrated experience successfully acting as the lead on projects as well as a resource to other accountants.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience communicating to and influencing opinion in large and small groups.
- Demonstrated successful experience in problem-solving situations.
- Must provide examples from work experience of going above and beyond the call of duty to assist team members.
- Cite examples of self-motivation and proactive personal development.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt communication styles and successfully articulate technical information to associates as well as various levels of management.
- Proven agility handling multiple priorities within a fast-paced financial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with integrity and maturity.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluates products, processes and/or services against those standards; builds quality into each step of the process.
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Wendy has been with Vernovis since 2013 and brings over 12 years of recruiting experience. She lives our core values and always strives to do what's right for her consultants and clients.
"Wendy Kolkmeyer has been one of the most compassionate and supportive people I have encountered in my professional life. She found me challenging, productive assignments at a time I needed them the most." - Monica
"I appreciate the way my representative (Wendy K.) keeps me informed concerning positions and any other information that is pertinent to my assignment." - Branner
"Wendy treats consultants as people not inventory." - Bill