Help Desk Specialist 1
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017 US
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist I / Help Desk I
Location: Cincinnati Area / Onsite, 1 day remote
Who We Are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in?Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting?functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.?
Come join us:
We have been hired by our client in Cincinnati to help them find a Customer Support Specialist I who will be the first point of contact for resolving IT-related issues and inquiries, providing exceptional customer service, and escalating complex problems when necessary. They will be a proactive problem solver with excellent communication skills, using their passion for technology to provide support to all end-users in both hardware and software.
What You'll Do:
- Provide efficient and courteous support to end-users via phone, email, instant message or in person, addressing technical issues, software/hardware problems, and user inquiries.
- Assist company partners and trades with basic support related to applications and technologies.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems related to hardware, software, networking, and other IT systems. This includes both hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records of helpdesk requests, solutions provided, and hardware/software inventory. Contribute to knowledge base articles for common issues and solutions.
- Assist in providing basic training and guidance to end-users on common IT applications, developed applications and processes.
- Offer remote support to employees working in off-site locations, ensuring they have access to the necessary resources and resolving issues promptly.
- Assist with software installations, updates, and license management, ensuring compliance with company policies and licenses.
- Perform hardware repairs and replacements, coordinating with vendors when necessary. Maintain hardware inventory and manage equipment loans.
- Promote and enforce security best practices, ensuring data confidentiality and integrity. Report security incidents or breaches promptly.
- Escalate complex technical issues to the appropriate IT team members or external vendors and follow up to ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor IT systems for performance issues, proactively identify potential problems, and take preventative measures.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the Manager of Infrastructure & Customer Support.
What You'll Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certifications or an Associate's degree in IT-related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a helpdesk or technical support role is a plus.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Strong communication skills and a customer-centric approach.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Knowledge of common operating systems, software applications, and IT security best practices.
- Familiarity with remote support tools and helpdesk software. (Screen Connect, ServiceDesk experience a plus)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.?
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.