Indirect Tax Manager
West Chester, OH 45069 US
Location/ Work Structure: North Cincinnati
Who we are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Vernovis is partnering with a high growth construction firm that expanding its tax leadership to help manager a high volume of new projects and large YoY increases in revenue.
If interested please contact Blake Cooke at email@example.com
What You'll Do:
- Oversee a team of indirect tax professionals to ensure adherence to tax compliance standards.
- Define and communicate effective objectives to meet tax deadlines.
- Provide training to the tax team on relevant and evolving guidelines related to indirect taxes.
- Identify opportunities for tax savings, increased efficiency, and address overpayments when applicable.
- Implement tax-related projects in the ERP system to ensure accurate taxation of purchases.
- Monitor and update sales and use tax rates nationwide to ensure proper taxation.
- Handle the processing of transactional tax returns, including sales and use, gross receipts, and business taxes.
- Scrutinize and analyze invoices to verify proper taxation.
- Interpret, comprehend, and comply with all state and local tax laws.
- Conduct research and analysis on state and local licensing laws and exemptions.
- Experience with sales, use, and property tax.
- Ability to manage a tax team and still complete actual tax work.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
What Experience is Nice to Have:
- Construction knowledge
- Transactional Tax Experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Wendy has been with Vernovis since 2013 and brings over 12 years of recruiting experience. She lives our core values and always strives to do what's right for her consultants and clients.
"Wendy Kolkmeyer has been one of the most compassionate and supportive people I have encountered in my professional life. She found me challenging, productive assignments at a time I needed them the most." - Monica
"I appreciate the way my representative (Wendy K.) keeps me informed concerning positions and any other information that is pertinent to my assignment." - Branner
"Wendy treats consultants as people not inventory." - Bill