Internal Audit Project Manager
Columbus, OH 43215 US
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Columbus, OH (Hybrid)
Compensation: $130-145K+ Bonus
Who we are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 consulting firm, helping companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space.
Vernovis is currently collaborating with a multi-billion-dollar company in Columbus to place an Internal Audit Manager to lead the entire audit process of multiple Operational and IT audits, from start to finish. This individual should exhibit robust business partnership skills and contribute significant value to the company.
If interested please contact Annie at ABartlett@vernovis.com
What You'll Do:
- Manage multiple, complex audit projects simultaneously - both Operational and IT audits.
- Review workpapers and provide relevant and appropriate feedback.
- Direct and monitor the work of auditors assigned to project teams, and facilitate the development of more junior auditors by providing coaching and mentoring.
- Understand and lead the entire audit process from start to finish:
- Understand business processes, identify and document business risks and controls, design and execute methods to test the environment, determine sample selection methodology and samples, document all results in workpapers and report to management.
- Understand and comply with audit standards (IIA) and department standards (Internal Audit Manual).
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships to facilitate the objects of the department.
- Experience in managing people and projects.
- Requires 4-year degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Engineering, or other applicable field.
- Full understanding of the Internal Audit processes and broad business knowledge.
- Strong understanding of COSO Framework and GAAP internal control principles.
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.