Columbus, OH 43215 US
Job Title: Senior/ Lead Internal Auditor
Location: Columbus, Ohio (Hybrid)
Come join us:
Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 consulting firm, helping companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space.
Vernovis is currently partnering with a multi-billion-dollar utilities organization in the Midwest to place a Senior/Lead Internal Auditor. Internal Audit is responsible for conducting audits and assessments of operating procedures and the adequacy of internal controls within the company’s business processes. Internal Audit also performs testing to evaluate compliance with SEC and other regulatory requirements. Internal Auditors develop and perform audit test procedures and communicate the results of testing in written audit reports to management and the Board of Directors.
If interested please contact Annie Bartlett at ABartlett@vernovis.com
What You'll Do:
- Comprehensively understand and document basic and complex business processes with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Understand interrelationships and dependencies between business processes and functions, both internal and external to the company, and the associated impact on the effectiveness of the control environment with some assistance and oversight.
- Identify and document inherent and residual business risk with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Identify and document expected and existing business controls with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Design efficient and effective methods to test the business control environment with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Determine most appropriate sample selection methodology and select appropriate audit samples with minimal assistance.
- Execute audit tests to determine the appropriateness/effectiveness of the business control environment (which includes data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes).
- Identify control deficiencies and provide appropriate perspective regarding the significance of identified issues with some assistance and oversight.
- Document audit results in audit workpapers that are comprehensive, clear, concise, organized and in compliance with department standards.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with coworkers.
What You'll Have:
- Full understanding of the internal audit process
- Understanding of the Committee of Sponsoring Organization (COSO) Integrated Internal Controls Framework.
- Great communication skills - communicating statuses, with audit partners, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP and internal control principles
- Certifications a plus; CPA, CIA, CISA
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis offers Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short- & Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay to you.
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.