Linux System Administrator/Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45242 US
Job Title: Linux System Administrator / Engineer
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a seasoned Linux Administrator that will be responsible for installations/configurations, operation, and maintenance of system hardware and software. Successful candidates will have a deep background within Linux but must also be open to learning High Performance Computing (HPC). This individual must hold or be able to get their Security+ or higher certification. You will be working with a team to engineer, build and deploy solutions for our client in a closed air-gap network.
What You'll Do:
- Build and Deploy solutions containing Red Hat Linux or RHEL nodes and Nvidia based InfiniBand networking.
- Install, configure, and deploy various HPC engineering applications.
- Engineer new solutions for future products and technologies
- Generate and maintain documentation on all systems, installations, and configurations.
- Partner with other technical teams to creatively implement / improve technologies and processes and arrive at repeatable, deployable, and supportable solutions utilizing Lean and Agile principles.
- Work with DOD security requirements to ensure JSIG and RMF regulations are implemented properly within a full stack environment.
What You'll Have:
- 10 years of relevant IT experience, or similar military experience
- Familiarity of High-Performance Computing (HPC) clusters
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Linux, Cluster job schedulers and InfiniBand networks.
- Familiarity to working knowledge of Cisco iOS, Dell iDRAC, Avocent/Vertiv KVM, NetApp storage.
- Familiarity to working knowledge of engineering and HPC applications such as: Ansys, CFX, Fluent, Intel tools, etc.
- Scripting via Bash, Kickstart and/or Python, and automation tools like Ansible.
- Experience with security tools such as: Splunk, SEPM, McAfee, Nessus, Solarwinds, etc.
- MCSE, Linux+, CCNA, or other related IT certifications
- CompTIA Security+ or higher certification
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or similar degree program
- Must be a US citizen
- Extremely well-developed organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, communication skills
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!