Manager, Accounting Research & SOX
Columbus, OH 43215 US
Location/ Work Structure: Columbus, Ohio – Hybrid
Compensation: $130-135K + bonus
Who we are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Vernovis is currently partnering with a large utility company across the mid-west to place an Accounting Manager overseeing technical accounting and SOX compliance teams. This individual should have strong technical accounting skills and current understanding of GAAP, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
If interested, please contact Annie Bartlett at ABartlett@vernovis.com
What You'll Do:
- Technical Accounting Responsibilities – 80%
- Oversee the research for complex business transactions, review and evaluate the impact of new or revised rules, coordinate and monitor the integration of new accounting standards.
- Provide the appropriate accounting guidance and present findings in research to the business.
- Technical accounting areas of focus: stock-based compensation, goodwill impairment analysis, leases, revenue recognition, regulated operations, capitalization vs. expense, and more.
- SOX Compliance Responsibilities – 20%
- Manage the SOX compliance process, supervise the development of annual risk assessment, and lead assessment of controls.
- Partner with the business through implementation of new/modified controls and prepare documentation to present to leadership, executive management, and Audit committee.
- 4-year degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 5-8 years of experience working within accounting, finance, audit, or compliance
- Active CPA, eligibility to sit for CPA, or comparable experience required
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience researching technical accounting issues.
- Public accounting and/or Big4 is strongly preferred
- Proven background of developing a team and effectively delegating work.
- Effective communication skills to all audiences, including the ability to support conclusions even within a disagreement.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.