Manager of Cost Accounting
Dayton, OH 45417 US
Job Title: Manager of Cost Accounting
Location/ Work Structure: Dayton (OH), Radcliff (KY), Omaha (NE) or Dallas (TX) ALL HYBRID, MOSTLY REMOTE
Come join us:
At Vernovis, we help IT, cybersecurity, accounting and finance professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Our client is a Global Manufacturer looking for a true leader in Cost Accounting. Deep Cost experience is needed for this Managerial titled position with no direct reports. They are looking for a “go-to” resource for numerous affiliated manufacturing facilities.
If interested, please email Wendy Kolkmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You'll Do:
- Assist preparation of the Company’s production reporting.
- Develop Cost Accounting standards for materials, labor, and overhead
- Recommend best practices and KPI’s to measure profitability
- Participate in annual budget guidance
- Develop guidelines for updating standard costs quarterly
- Monthly margin analysis
What Experience You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience in manufacturing; cost accounting necessary
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Be a “Doer” and work with a team
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.