Manager of Cost Accounting
Dayton, OH 45417 US
Job Title: Manager of Cost Accounting
Location: Omaha, NE or Dayton, OH Hybrid (2 days onsite, 3 days remote)
Come join us:
Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 boutique staffing and consulting firm supporting businesses of all sizes in the Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus, Ohio areas. We help companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space. -
Our client is a Global Manufacturer looking for a true leader in Cost Accounting. Deep Cost experience is needed for this Managerial titled position that will not be managing anyone directly. They are looking for a “go-to” resource for numerous affiliated manufacturing facilities.
If interested, please contact Wendy Kolkmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll do:
- Assist preparation of the Company’s production reporting.
- Develop Cost Accounting standards for materials, labor, and overhead
- Recommend best practices and KPI’s to measure profitability
- Participate in annual budget guidance
- Develop guidelines for updating standard costs quarterly
- Monthly margin analysis
What Experience You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience in manufacturing; cost accounting necessary
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Be a “Doer” and work with a team
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis offers Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay to you.
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.