Office Manager / Tax Accountant
Cincinnati, OH 45242 US
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Office Manager / Bookkeeper for a local family-owned CPA firm.
Are you ready to grow your career beyond your current office environment where your appreciation is only shown in base pay?
Are you ready to build a career that could extend beyond managing an office and bookkeeping? Does a pathway to partnership and earning commission sound interesting?
Our client is looking for an Office Manager with strong bookkeeping abilities and the ability to learn tax preparation. This role will eventually expand its responsibilities to include revenue growth by helping the owners sell the service of the CPA firm to prospective clients.
What You'll Do:
- Year 1, as an Office Manager you will:
- Office management, filing, and making appointments (70%)
- Bookkeeping, making copies, tax input, A/R and A/P, bank reconciliation (30%)
- Year 2:
- Office management, making appointments, tax input, A/R and A/P, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping (70%)
- Revenue growth and CPA service sales (30%)
- As a bookkeeper, you will travel to client’s location and perform general bookkeeping duties such as input, payroll reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Bank reconciliation, etc. (reimbursed for travel, client’s are near Blue Ash, where the CPA office is located).
- Revenue growth – manage online company presence, outreach to prospecting customers, set appointments for owners to close business.
- This position will allow freedom in recruitment of new clients and earn commissions and new business and old business.
- Earn a base salary of $50,000-$60,000 with the ability to earn over six figures with commission.
What You'll Have:
- 10+ years of office management and bookkeeping experience.
- A college degree, no higher degrees necessary.
- Very organized, with the ability to manage a high-paper environment.
- Motivation to grow into a revenue generation role to earn commission after year 1.
- Ability to handle very high stress environments (tax season) with a small family firm.
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.