Plant Controller - Massachusetts
Cincinnati, OH 45246 US
Job Title: Plant Controller
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Plant Controller for an industry leading manufacturer that services some of the most recognized consumer-goods companies in the US.
As an experienced controller, the candidate will be ready to meet the goals and objectives of the organization by functioning as a business partner with plant and financial leaders. The plant controller will personally oversee the accounting functions of a single plant, with responsibility to oversee and execute financial processes, policies and programs.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly, report audit results.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory using available data from production, shipping, and other activities. Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Assist in reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value. Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years' experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related manufacturing.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, Teams and Outlook.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.
- Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursement
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Wendy has been with Vernovis since 2013 and brings over 12 years of recruiting experience. She lives our core values and always strives to do what's right for her consultants and clients.
"Wendy Kolkmeyer has been one of the most compassionate and supportive people I have encountered in my professional life. She found me challenging, productive assignments at a time I needed them the most." - Monica
"I appreciate the way my representative (Wendy K.) keeps me informed concerning positions and any other information that is pertinent to my assignment." - Branner
"Wendy treats consultants as people not inventory." - Bill