Amelia, OH 45102 US
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking a Senior Accountant to join our client’s team! As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for completing the monthly financial close and will produce statutory financial reports for Executive, Board, and Regulatory audiences. You will develop a deep business familiarity to produce statutory-basis financial reports that reflect an accurate assessment of financial results that will enable informed business decisions by the company.
What You'll Do:
- Preparation of more complex accounting journal entries
- Reconcile statutory basis results to management view results
- Develop analytics for close and discussion, as well as reporting to Senior Management and Regulators, utilizing a deep understanding of the business within each legal entity
- Prepare reports to be shared with Regulators including quarterly CFO calls
- Responsible for reviewing annual statutory-basis financial statements
- Assist with capital management activities
- Interface with the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams to develop projected key ratios (e.g. IRIS, RBC, other)
- Work with Data Governance associates to ensure accuracy and timeliness of underlying data
- Drive standardization and automation of financial accounting close and reporting processes and controls
- Lead the accounting close process for monthly and quarterly close timeframes
What You'll Have:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
CPA or Insurance Certification (CPCU, ARE) preferred
GAAP, Statutory, and IFRS accounting knowledge and on the job experience with recording complex ledger transactions, developing and/or reviewing complex reconciliations
Experience using Microsoft products and other BI data analytical tools, such as COGNOS Advance, Oracle Sequel, Power BI or similar programs
Experience in establishing/documenting end to end business/accounting processes
Detailed oriented, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task work Ability to data mine and work with large data sets to organize and create complex queries, tables and calculations that support contract language
Ability to collaborate and share information with stakeholders based on analysis completed
- Starbucks onsite
- Café (subsidized)
- Free gym.
Laid back culture / environment… encourage flexibility, hybrid / flexible.
- Free parking.
- Jeans, tennis shoes, casual.
- Comprehensive Medical Plans
- PTO and Family Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs - Calm, WW, SoFI, Virgin Pulse
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA Plans
- Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Plans
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.