Cincinnati, OH 45204 US
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Senior Accountant for a fast growing consume-goods manufacturer.
Are you ready to grow your career with one of Cincinnati’s fastest growing and modern manufacturers? Does the ability to grow into a manager role and beyond align with your personal goals?
Our client has recently doubled their revenue and expanded their manufacturing capacity to meet customer demand. They manufacturer key items for some of the most prestigious brands in the country.
An ideal candidate will be ready to step in as a senior accountant with the expectations of growing into an accounting manager within 2-3 years. You will work in conjunction with the accounting department to process a variety of activities, including all AP/AR tasks, maintaining and reconciling various financial and general cost accounting responsibilities.
This is an on-site role, in one of most modern, spacious, and state-of-the-art facilities in the city.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with Operations and Purchasing Team in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product roll out, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales Team in ensuring that both trade and consumer marketing expenditures are recorded appropriately between all of the Brand Accounts.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepare periodic management reporting of financial results
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Work with staff accountant(s) to perform daily functions including AR, AP and cash management
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- May assist with training and mentoring Staff Accountant(s).
- Assists in preparation of monthly investor/board packets
- Financial Analysis including month end and quarterly reporting process
- Assists in preparation of annual budget
- Maintains technical accounting expertise of other statutory
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years related experience
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Manufacturing a plus
- Experience with Acumatica or similar software a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products required
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer service oriented
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage other accounting staff
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.