Senior Accounting Policy Lead
Cincinnati, OH 45242 US
Location/ Work Structure: Cincinnati OH
Compensation: $101,000-$126,000 Salary
Who we are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Vernovis is partnering with an established and growing financial services company in northern Cincinnati. This client is looking to add a senior accounting policy lead analyst that is experienced in accounting research and policy implementation.
If interested, please email Wendy Kolkmeyer at email@example.com
What You'll Do:
- Research, analyze, and document relevant facts, circumstances, and the appropriate accounting treatment for special project work in the form of technical accounting memos, including collaboration with a broad cross-departmental team
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding US GAAP and Statutory accounting to support corporate development processes, including mergers and acquisitions, significant transactions, and other special project work
- Provide resource support to ensure transactions are implemented correctly
- Contribute to monitoring of changes to US GAAP and Statutory accounting guidance for implications to new or existing transactions and projects
- Act as a liaison to the internal and external auditors in the communication and resolution of technical accounting issues and special project work
- Must have an active CPA
- Accounting Policy and Research Implementation
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or auditing with extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- BS: Accounting
- Purchase Accounting and Business Combination Experience (PGAAP)
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.