Sr. Data Governance Designer
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Senior Data Governance Designer with a background in Data Governance or IT Audit who is familiar with general security metrics that is experience with data visualization tools to report out security reviews to our client’s various business units.
What You'll Do:
- Assesses, develops, recommends, enhances, and implements IT risk mitigation processes and standards, including templates in support of technology designs, plans, controls, and procedures.
- Conducts assessments/audits, including IT risk assessments and project/control audits, and reports on results.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of IT audit practices, regulatory compliance requirements, and IT Risk/Control frameworks, (i.e., ISACA COBIT, NIST Cybersecurity)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT compliance, controls, and how those principles apply to applications and business environments.
- Coordinates activities with other Risk Management/Auditing/Governance functions throughout the organization, as appropriate.
- Collects and reports metrics and measurements at the organizational level, providing visibility into all work within IT.
- Retrieve and analyze data sets, perform data transformation activities, prepare data presentations to facilitate IT compliance control activities.
- Proven experience in developing and working Tableau driven dashboards, analytics.
- Work with team members to create useful reports and dashboards that provide insight, improve/automate processes, or otherwise add value to the team.
- A solid understanding of SQL, relational databases, data modeling, and normalization. Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Work through iterative review cycles to deliver results that meet or exceed user expectations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Have:
- 3-6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Field of Study: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related field
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!