Sr. Technical EDW Analyst
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Job Title: Sr. Technical EDW AnalystLocation: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Sr. Technical EDW Analyst to join our clients Data Management team which specializes in data movement & integration between disparate systems, utilizing a range of technologies including traditional ETL, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) & XML messaging, industry standards-based bulk file transfers (ACORD), Azure and other cloud-based technologies, and a platform supporting direct data entry into the warehouse.
Successful candidates will have a development background to support our clients’ new front-end integrations and production support issues derived from our client business unit systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse via SML and JSON integration.
This person may also be a Technical Analyst on their Data Production Support team that supports their productionalized integrations for all of their business units via XML/JSON integration, ETL, and mainframe ingestion, among other things. The main focus for this team will be to define requirements/solutions and coordinate with a developer, if necessary, on incidents and requests that come into the Data team.
What You'll Do:
- Acts as a liaison between Data and different technical groups such as security, infrastructure, BU IT, and more
- Lead and guide development and analysis of an Informatica-based ETL architecture
- Head complex ETL requirements and design
- Develop mapping requirements, documenting data movement and transformation rules.
- Collaborate with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure performant and scalable solutions that meet the business needs.
- Conduct impact assessment and determine size of effort based on requirements for larger initiatives.
- Enhance SDLC process to help further automate deployments, testing, and impact analysis.
- Partner with development team to resolve difficult design and development issues.
- Serve as mentor to other Technical Analysts
- Identify process and technical improvements that can be made and work to implement them according to team standards.
- Work with the product owner and IT sponsor to prioritize work and shape backlog.
- Contribute/participate in the Data Analyst Center of Excellence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Have:
- 7+ years’ related experience in Data Integration Development or Data Analysis
- 5+ years’ experience within ETL Architecture
- Adept experience within Data Warehousing environments utilizing ETL to move data.
- Exposure within Informatica IDMC (CDI, CAI, CMI, CDIE)
- Some cloud exposure, preferably Azure and/or Snowflake
- Excels in relational data base tools and languages, including SQL.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-manage and stay on track with commitments; resourceful in solving problems and removing impediments.
- Ability to think creatively, champion new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Adaptable and can effectively cope with rapidly changing business landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Business, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Agile delivery experience a plus
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!