Storage Systems Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45242 US
Job Title: Storage Systems Engineer
Location: Cincinnati OH
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Storage Systems Engineer that has their Security+ certification, who will work with a team to engineer, build and deploy enterprise-in-a-box solutions for our client’s customer.
What You'll Do:
- Build and deploy complex enterprise-in-a-box solutions containing Windows based domain, Cisco based network stack and NetApp based storage solution
- Analyze, design, and implement mission critical NetApp storage and backup infrastructure/architecture and ensure high levels of data quality and availability.
- Provision and allocate storage to server assets (Windows and UNIX based)
- Responsible for overall storage administration, including periodic maintenance, monitoring, and daily support of enterprise storage infrastructure.
- Performs ongoing storage capacity management
- Engineer new solutions for future products and technologies
- Generate and maintain documentation on all systems, installations, and configurations.
- Perform and support problem resolution efforts for storage performance, access/permissions and other concerns.
- Partner with other technical teams to creatively implement / improve technologies and processes and arrive at repeatable, deployable, and supportable solutions utilizing Lean and Agile principles.
What You'll Have:
- 3-10 years of relevant IT experience.
- Familiarity to working knowledge of Cisco iOS, Dell iDRAC, Avocent/Vertiv KVM, NetApp and Data Domain
- Scripting via PowerShell, Bash and/or Python, and automation tools like Ansible.
- Experience with storage and backup platforms such as NetApp, Dell EMC, Commvault
- Security+, or other related IT certifications
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!