Systems Engineer III (Dallas)
Irving, TX 75038 US
Job Title: Systems Engineer III
Location: Irving, Texas
Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 consulting firm, helping companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space.
Vernovis is looking for a Systems Engineer III to join our clients growing IT organization. This position requires qualified candidates to be onsite Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact at Annie Atkinson email@example.com.
What You'll Do:
As our team has several openings at different levels and in different skill areas, the list below are samples of some of the technologies that we work with. While we desire candidates with experience in these specific technologies, we also understand that each of them has market alternatives, so the most important skillset a candidate can have is a good attitude and have a strong work ethic. Top candidates will have an aptitude to learn new technology and have a “do what it takes” attitude.
- On-premise servers running Microsoft technologies such as:
- IIS Web Servers
- SQL Server
- Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, GP, etc.)
- System Center
- Azure Infrastructure and Applications, including Office 365 technologies (such as Exchange, SharePoint, etc.).
- VMWare infrastructure in both Cincinnati as well as in our international datacenters.
- Storage network both onsite and globally using EMC and Pure Storage.
- Backup operations using CommVault;
- SDWAN with SilverPeak;
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines and SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and systems management tools
- Ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction to IT support staff
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency
- Collaborates with other IT Professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Traditional Windows Server administration; and
- Dell and CISCO UCS Server hardware.
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Desire to learn and grow, with a solid foundation of experience.
- Aptitude to manage many different servers, applications, and priorities effectively; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, end users, and management.
The Vernovis Difference:
Vernovis offers Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short- & Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay to you.
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.