VP of Tax
Cincinnati, OH 45242 US
Job Title: VP of Tax
Location/ Work Structure: REMOTE (Quarterly travel to headquarters)
Compensation: $200,000-250,000 plus bonus
Who we are:
Vernovis is a Total Talent Solutions company that specializes in Technology, Cybersecurity, Finance & Accounting functions. At Vernovis, we help these professionals achieve their career goals, matching them with innovative projects and dynamic direct hire opportunities in Ohio and across the Midwest.
Vernovis is partnering with a global financial services company. Our client is looking for a VP of Tax with extensive life/non-life insurance experience as the current incumbent will be retiring.
If interested, please contact Wendy Kolkmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You'll Do:
- Develop and lead tax strategy, assessing the tax impact of strategic initiatives
- Provide active support/advising leadership in strategic decision-making, due diligence, mergers/acquisitions, restructuring , etc. to ensure business planning accounts for relevant tax considerations
- Manage statutory and GAAP tax provision, lead compliance (US Federal, US States and International), accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, risk and and controls
- Provide tax advice on current and strategic issues, identify tax planning opportunities to reduce tax burdens, and assist in capital planning initiatives
- Review, analyze and maintain support for valuation allowances and stock compensation impacts of US and foreign employees
- Ensure compliance with US and international tax laws and regulations
- Actively partner with foreign operations on local tax matters
What Experience You'll Have:
- CPA is required
- 7+ yeas managing a tax department, or equivalent experience at a Big 4 CPA
- Life/non-life insurance tax background
- Experience presenting and advising executive team on complex tax transactions
- Bachelors in accounting /finance or MBA/MS in accounting
What Experience is Nice to Have:
- Advanced degrees MST or PHD
- International tax experience
The Vernovis Difference: (Delete this segment if direct hire)
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Wendy has been with Vernovis since 2013 and brings over 12 years of recruiting experience. She lives our core values and always strives to do what's right for her consultants and clients.
"Wendy Kolkmeyer has been one of the most compassionate and supportive people I have encountered in my professional life. She found me challenging, productive assignments at a time I needed them the most." - Monica
"I appreciate the way my representative (Wendy K.) keeps me informed concerning positions and any other information that is pertinent to my assignment." - Branner
"Wendy treats consultants as people not inventory." - Bill