Video Systems Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Location: Hybrid - Cincinnati OH, Louisville KY, Portland OR, Salt Lake City UT
Come join us:
Vernovis is looking for a Video Systems Engineer that will support our client with a new software rollout for a Video Management Solution at over 2,000 locations within the next year. Successful candidates will drive the roll out of this new software solution and server hardware while adhering to a very aggressive roll out schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Will support a video management solution which is a CCTV over IP cameras and recorded on a server (Network Video Recorder).
- The project includes oversight of server replacement, operating system and application golden images, IP camera troubleshooting, and handling support issues as they arise.
- Current tools and technologies utilized by the team include SQL database, Linux/AIX/CentOS Unix operating systems, Korn Shell/Bash Shell, and Windows PowerShell scripting, Connect Direct, JIRA and Infra/VMWare Service Manager, VNC, IP cameras, and VMS software.
- Assist with getting installers trained and onboarded with the new application.
- Track software configuration and automation.
- Build and enable monitoring.
What You'll Have:
- Experience working with commercial Video Management Systems (CCTV over IP)
- Proficient with Korn/Bash Shell and/or PowerShell scripting. Related proficiency with Linux/AIX/SCO Unix operating systems and Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting IP CCTV cameras.
- Project Rollout experience with hardware and/or Software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient with C#, JAVA, and/or Python.
- Retail experience in grocery store
- Loss Prevention systems
- Agile training and experience
The Vernovis Difference:
Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
Integrity – an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
Collaboration – a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
Extraordinary Service – a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.
Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.
Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnership Engagement
Cat has over 10 years of progressive career experience in staffing in the Greater Cincinnati Region. She is extremely passionate about her clients, consultants and the IT community. Due to her commitment, she has been recognized numerous times internally for exemplifying our core values of integrity, collaboration and extraordinary service. Cat now sits on the board of the Cincinnati GetWITit organization. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved with the IT community or accelerate your career, reach out to Cat today!